Saturday, February 16, 2013

continuing alterations

More 'work' on the altered book...



I say 'work' because this isn't really a project or even a work-in-progress, it's an art journal. As such I've become much less invested in the outcome of the various pages than I am in my actual projects; I'm more interested in putting down the feeling I have at the moment I decide to make an entry, in whatever media I can use right away.

Sometimes I spend ages layering a page spread with gesso and various bits, while at other times I just want to set marks down as fast as possible. Results range from empty and scratchy:


...to layouts that I'm much happier with:


Mixed media, last spread all Sharpies. They go very well with the paper of this book, although I think they might bleed and soak in over time. Ah well, at least the scan will stay nice.

No comments: